I want to get involved!
This is a list of projects which have curated tasks specifically for new contributors. These are a great way to get started with a project, or to help share the load of working on open source projects.
Find a project you'd like to get involved with:
- read the contributor guidelines for the project
- get the project running locally
- leave a message on a task you'd like to work on
- get to work!
I maintain a project and want to participate!
We're looking for projects who can take the time out to help mentor developers as they get started with open source.
What sort of tasks are a good fit?
- Tasks should take no longer than a few nights' worth of work
- Tasks should stand alone - avoid core functionality on which other tasks depend
- Tasks should be well described with pointers to help the implementer
We suggest the tag
but using a different name is also acceptable.
If this sounds like you, getting involved is simple: