I want to get involved!
This is a list of projects which have curated tasks specifically for new contributors. These are a great way to get started with a project, or to help share the load of working on open source projects.
Find a project you'd like to get involved with:
- read the contributor guidelines for the project
- get the project running locally
- leave a message on a task you'd like to work on
- get to work!
I maintain a project!
We're looking for projects who can take the time out to help mentor developers as they get started with open source.
What sort of tasks are a good fit?
- Tasks should take no longer than a few nights' worth of work
- Tasks should stand alone - avoid core functionality on which other tasks depend
- Tasks should be well described with pointers to help the implementer
We suggest the tag
but using a different name is also acceptable.
If this sounds like you, getting involved is simple: